CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Response to an opinion piece

The following is a response to an opinion piece published on
http://www.my1stime.blogspot.com/
Wow, what strong view. I am sure (myself included) that many people need a wake-up call. These are our brothers and sisters we are talking about. I will admit that despite all education I have received on foreign nationals, I still have xenophobic tendencies. It is a bad habit that needs to be stopped, and if we don’t become proactive in finding solutions then who will. I mean, deep in our darkest hour of need as a people, it was them who readily took in the leaders of the struggle, and this is the thanks they get?! I am in total agreement with you because I am sometimes hurt by statements made about them because some of my best friends are from Zimbabwe. So, like AIDS, or TB, or even racism, Xenophobia is a disease that needs to be cured, and it can be, if we can start with clearing comments such as the one about “lama zizimbana”.

0 comments: