CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 6, 2008

commeting on another students letter to to younger self

The letter that I will be commenting on, is that of Fa of the " Confessions of a crazy couch potatoe" blog.

Fa's letter focuses on the 'drinking culture' at Rhodes, and pressures from friends. She also makes reference to the point of relationships, warning her younger self to be weary of males who are out to build a reputation by "spreading their seed's."

Fa's letter and my letter have many commonalities. Our approaches are similar in that we both give warning to our younger selves in an amiable and advicing manner, not authoratitively. My letter spoke of making sure that my younger self finds a group of friends who she can be herself with ,and Fa reiterates this point by advising her younger self to resist the temptation of being dragged into the partying lifestyle just because her new friends are doing so.

I think that Fa could have made more mention of her younger self's character. However I do feel that the letter is well written and provides essential advice to prospective First Years.

0 comments: